Laughing Right Out Loud

Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Finest Days are Behind Me!



Six months ago, I bought at 8-year old Fuji Finest to help me lose weight and get in better health. Since, then I have ridden over 2,000 miles and lost a total of 110 pounds. Recall, this was all without diet pills, shots, etc. Just lots and lots of hills and miles and eating right. I'm where I want to be with respect to weight and have been trying to "maintain" for the last several weeks. I've still got to figure out how to quit losing though (I guess that's a good problem to have). To commemorate my accomplishments, I indulgently went out today and bought a new bike. My new Fuji CCR2 full carbon bike with 105/Ultegra components is totally awesome! I can't wait for my next 2,000 miles!

And to show that it's "not all about me", I also got Felicia a new Masi Alare. This is her first true road bike. She asked if I would help her along her journey. I'm really surprised she had to ask if I would be willing to ride more. Kinda rhetorical don't you think?

4 Comments:

  • Awesome Bikes! Ya'll have fun riding those together and be safe!

    By Anonymous Ched Cole, At 8:00 AM  

  • OK, now this is getting scary. 110lb weight loss and a really fast bike: you'll be racing next! Enjoy the indulgence, you've certainly earned it.

    By Blogger brady, At 9:56 AM  

  • Go, bro! Go!

    By Blogger Scott Redd, At 11:30 AM  

  • LOL @ Brady! The thought has crossed my mind. I've got three centuries planned over the next 4 weekends. And my sights set on a couple of duathlons for next spring and summer. I've really enjoyed getting fit.

    By Blogger Jason, At 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home