Laughing Right Out Loud

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

1990 or 2010?


I could have taken this picture in either 1990 or 2010, but not in any of the twenty years between. With this number showing on my scale this morning, I can now say my push toward weight loss is all but over. On January 3 of this year, I weighed in at 293 and now, on June 15, I am at 198. That's a loss of 95 pounds. My original goal was to lose 63. Then 83. Then "let's just see where it goes", but I knew I wanted to be under 200. I may still lose a few more, no more than 10, but I do feel a certain drive to get to "normal" on the BMI chart.

There are so many people that have followed my journey and offered lots of support and encouragement along the way. My lovely wife Felicia has been supportive and understanding of my drive as I crawl out of bed early in the morning to cycle before work and when I disppear each Tuesday night and some saturday mornings for those longer distance rides. My pal Steve, who I met the first week I started pedaling, has ridden beside me and encouraged me up some monster hills and never got frustrated even when I was a much slower rider. My brother, Scott, planted that initial "seed" that got me interested in cycling, which has been a huge factor to my results. And my brother's friend, Brady, who I have never met, has offered frequent comments on my blog that have been a major source of much encouragement. I appreciate all the support each of you have given me. I appreciate all the encouragement and "pats on the back" that all my Facebook friends have shown.

As my posts about weight loss end, please remember to check back in for updates on where my rides take me and to keep up with everything else going on in my life.

2 Comments:

  • Absolutely amazing, bro. Truly awe inspiring. I'm so proud of you.

    You've beat me in terms of total pounds lost and percentage lost. I was only at 250 10 years ago, and am hovering around that upper 190s mark now.

    HOWEVER... I can't let you beat me on the scales. Consider yourself challenged.

    :)

    By Blogger Scott Redd, At 1:31 PM  

  • Nice Challenge Scott. A little competition is a good thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home