Laughing Right Out Loud

Monday, November 09, 2009

Welcoming Myself Back

It has been almost 4 years since I last posted on this blog. I suppose that is a very long time, but I have been very busy during that time. Instead of trying to catch up and fill in all the gaps, I will provide an abbreviated version in case anyone is not in the know. After 38 years in the Birmingham area, my family has moved to Tullahoma, Tennessee. Last Fall, I was faced with unemployment for the first time and decided that it would be as good of a time as any to look beyond Birmingham. Birmingham was always comforting to me, but I suppose that was mostly because of the familiarity. There were things we loved about it, but we found there was alot we also grew tired of. So, faced with the circumstances, we just decided to see what else there was. To make a long story short, I ended up trying to choose between Fort Walton Beach, FL and Tullahoma, TN. Most people are shocked when I say I chose Tullahoma over the beach, but I really have a fondness for a slower pace of life and the sense of community that is felt here.

Our move (and some major budget work) has allowed Felicia to be a stay-at-home Mom for the first time and we both seem to enjoy that. Kinsley and Asher are in great schools and have already become involved in several activities. Asher is in Cub Scouts and Kinsley is in the Key Club. I gave up my political aspirations (at least for now) but still try to be civic-minded.

I am the Chief Financial Officer for a 4-year old bank and work with the most dedicated and knowledgeable professionals that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. We are trying to get settled into the church here, but the pending sale of our old home has kept us busy most weekends lately.

So, now that you're caught up, I hope you are ready to keep up with what is going on in our lives. Oh, and of course, you can't forget the pictures (Felicia is so good at taking them). :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home